- Contributors: bobbingwide, vsgloik
- Donate link: https://www.oik-plugins.com/oik/oik-donate/
- Tags: shortcode, [bw_more], oik
- Requires at least: 3.9
- Tested up to: 5.7
- Stable tag: 0.2.3
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Progressively reveal content by clicking on "read more" buttons.
Implements the [bw_more] shortcode to progressively reveal content by clicking on "read more" buttons.
- Type the [bw_more] shortcode into your content at the point from where you want to hide the remaining content.
- When the content is displayed the shortcode is replaced by a 'read more' button.
- The user reveals the remaining content by clicking on the 'read more' button.
Choose the text to be displayed in the button using
[bw_more "my read more text"]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Upload the contents of the oik-read-more plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-read-more' directory
- Activate the oik-read-more plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Note: You will also need the oik base plugin, version 3.1 or higher.
Is it dependent upon oik?
Yes. It depends on the oik base plugin.
What is the syntax of the [bw_more] shortcode?
[bw_more read_more="read more|text - Text for read more button" class="|CSS class - CSS class name(s)"]
- Note: You do not need to use the read_more= parameter name
How do I style the 'read more' button?
Use custom CSS to style the 'read more' text.
If you want to read more about the oik plugins then please visit the oik plugin "the oik plugin - for often included key-information"
- oik-read-more in action
- result after 'read more' clicked
Tested with WordPress 5.3.1 and WordPress Multi Site.
Tested with WordPress 4.7.3 and WordPress Multisite. Tested with PHP 7.1. Now depends on oik v3.1 or higher.
Tested with WordPress 4.4 and WordPress Multisite. Now depends on oik v2.5 or higher
Tested up to WordPress 4.0
Tested up to WordPress 3.9
- Changed: Removed some commented out/redundant code
- Tested: With WordPress 5.3.1 and WordPress Multi Site
- Tested: With PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4
- Changed: Depends on oik v3.1 or higher
- Tested: With WordPress 4.7.3 and WordPress Multisite
- Tested: With PHP 7.1
- Changed: Depends on oik v2.5 or higher
- Tested: With WordPress 4.4 and WordPress MultiSite
- Changed: Does not need to set the plugin server for a plugin hosted on WordPress.org
- Tested: With WordPress 4.0
- Fixed: readme.txt file
- Added: New plugin implementing the [bw_more] shortcode