XMPP / Jabber bot written in python 2 allowing contacts to send you sms on your free mobile number.
To use this bot you need a XMPP account, and a free mobile subscription. You also need to activate the "Notifications par SMS" option in your account.
Then anybody can add the bot as a XMPP contact, and each message sent to the bot will be sent to you as a sms.
That bot runs using python2 and the following libraries:
- jabberbot (available from http://thp.io/2007/python-jabberbot/)
First, give to the following parameters the proper values:
- username: The username of the XMPP account your bot will use
- password: The password of the bot's XMPP account
- smsUser: The username of your free mobile account
- smsPass: The pass available on the "Notifications par SMS" webpage
- waitingTime: The time (in seconds) each user should wait before sending you two sms (default is 5 minutes)
Then simply start the bot:
The bot accepts anybody adding him as a contact, and will send via sms every message it receives in this form:
Jid being the jabber id of the user messaging the bot.
If the message doesn't go through, the bot will return an error message to the contact. Also, each contact has to wait a certain amount of time (a parameter above) between each message they can send you.