Codebase Integration with Geckoboard
Retrieve information from Codebase and construct feed url for Geckoboard. Some caching used to cut down on the number of requests. E.g. For commit statistics, the list of repositories is cached with a TTL of 1 hour.
- Author : Tom Robertshaw (http://tomrobertshaw.net)
Written as a service, there is no config file and all data should be handed through feed url together with API key specified when creating a widget in Geckoboard.
Global Commit Statistics
Visit commits/$account/$username for commit statistics from all projects, repositories and branches. The Codebase API currently returns the latest 20 commits from each.
Project Commit Statistics
Visit commits/$project/$account/$username for commits statistics on particular project (N.B. use permalink). Again, this limits to 20 most recent commits.
Creating Geckoboard Custom Widget
- Go to your Geckoboard dashboard and click "Add Widget".
- Select the "Custom Widgets" tab.
- Choose the "RAG Column & Numbers" widget.
- Enter URL data feed. e.g. BASE_URL/commits/project/account/username
- Copy and past API key from Codebase account.
- Select Widget type "Custom".
- Either feed format will work.
- Choose reload time (probably does not need to be that often! Recommend 60 mins)
- Label it.
- Woo hoo, we're done.
I just want to play
This service is currently hosted at http://tomrobertshaw.net/codebase_geckoboard/ if you want to test it out.