- Pre-configure System, Finder, etc. preferences
- Bash settings, prompts, paths, aliases, etc.
- Homebrew and npm setup
- Vim settings
- Git aliases
- Does not install git hooks - those are at https://github.com/bobgilmore/githooks
- Fix Terminal tab completion
- Rails project creation
.railsrccontains instruction on making new projects default to postgresql
- Gem installation behavior
- Create symbolic links...
- For Sublime Text 3 executable in ~/bin/
- For Sublime Text 3 preferences and packages from Dropbox (ignored if the packages don't exist on Dropbox).
- For Emacs and vim packages from Dropbox (ignored if the packages don't exist on Dropbox).
System and Finder preferences based on work by Mathias Bynens.
Requires a restart for all changes to take effect.
Clone the repository locally, then run the setup script.
git clone email@example.com:bobgilmore/dotfiles.git cd (into the repository directory) ./setup.sh