Grand Circus Midterm Group Project
A mid-term project using HTML, CSS, and jQuery. Team project creating a website for a fictional spa.
In addition to the coding aspect, we used GitHub and Trello to manage our work. We also provided daily updates to Grand Circus faculty at stand-up meetings.
(That stands for Point-Of-Sale, but what you think of your project is up to you.)
Write a cash register or self-service application for some consumer-driven business.
Obvious choices include a small store, a coffee shop, or a fast food restaurant. At a minimum, this should include:
- A list of products that have properties for name, category, description, and price.
- Present a menu to the user and let them choose an item or items to purchase.
- The item(s) the user will buy will be added to a cart until they are ready for checkout.
- Provide a way for the user to check out and view their cart.
- Give the subtotal, sales tax, and the total.
- If the user is paying in cash, ask for the amount tendered and provide change.
- If the user is paying with a card, ask for the card number, expiration, and CVV.
- Provide a receipt for the payment which includes the item(s) bought, the subtotal, total, and anything else of interest.