GitHub Coda plug-in
This is a port of drnic's GitHub bundle for TextMate.
Contains the following commands specific to the current file:
- Show in GitHub - opens the current file in github, and selects the same lines that are selected in the current file
- Annotate/Blame/Comment Line - finds the original commit where this line was created and opens that commit in GitHub, whereby you can use the GitHub comment feature
Contains the following commands specific to the repository:
- Show Network in GitHub - opens the "Network" view in GitHub so you can see who has interesting commits that you don't have
Contains the following commands for creating gists:
- Create gist from selection - will create a gist using your GitHub credentials (see below). It will either use the current selection, or the whole file, using the filename and the currently active language. The URL of the gist will be copied to your clipboard.
- Create private gist from selection - same as above, but the Gist will be private.
The bundle requires Ruby, RubyGems, and the git RubyGem:
sudo gem install git
To install via Git:
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/Coda/Plug-ins cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Coda/Plug-ins git clone git://github.com/bobthecow/GitHub.codaplugin.git
Then restart Coda.
Source can be viewed or forked via GitHub: http://github.com/bobthecow/GitHub.codaplugin
To enable Gist support, make sure you've followed the instructions on your account page for adding your GitHub user and API Token to your global Git config. You can create gists without specifying your credentials, but they won't be associated with your account.
Coda port by Justin Hileman
With contributions from: