PROJECT: Weather Forecast App
The objective is to create a weather forecast app using the weather API. The features of the app also include:
Fetch APIto get data from the OpenWeatherMap API and populate data to the DOM
- Format unit appropriately, add
- Add unit conversions from metric to imperial and vice versa
- Style background to change according to weather conditions
- Improve city search using Google Places API
- Add current location functionality using Geolocation API
|Small Screen||Medium Screen|
- Clone the project
git clone https://github.com/bolah2009/js-weather.git
- Install Dependencies
- Run linter (eslint and stylelint)
- Run Prettier
- Set up environment variables:
To use in the development environment, please, configure
dotenv by running the command below to copy
cp .env.sample .env
YOUR_API_KEY_HERE to appropriate API keys.
- Start server (Development mode)
- Improve UI/UX
The placeholder of the search input shows the format it accepts which is a city name
Abuja and it's not case sensitive. See the demo below.
The input also generates location predictions using Google Place API, clicking on one of the suggestions gives a weather information. See the demo below.
Contributions, issues and feature requests are welcome!
Feel free to check the issues page.
⭐️ Show your support
- Give a
⭐️if you like this project!
- Microverse Team
- The Odin Project