Country a Day
CountryaDay.org is a simple web app that gives you a different country to learn about each day. It provides some introductory information from various web services as a basis for you to begin learning about your country of the day.
Services & Libraries
Big thanks to the following awesome services and libraries:
- Wikipedia - Country summary paragraphs
- OpenPlatform - Countries "in the news"
- Geonames - Additional Country info
- Everything in my Gemfile
- Open an issue for a:
- bug or usage problem
- feature request
- general suggestion
- If you would like to contribute code, awesome! The first step would be probably be opening an issue as well. This allows us to discuss it and not duplicate anyone's efforts.
- Countries featured are incomplete or inaccurate. At some point these should be standardized to countries recognized by the UN or something like that. In the intrest of saving some time, I took the default world map from the J Vector Map library.
- It would be nice to provide additional learning resources for each country, even if they are just links.
- The Guardfile setup needs work.