Sophisticated, lightweight & simple CMS. Homepage: Bolt.cm
Bolt is a tool for Content Management, which strives to be as simple and straightforward as possible. It is quick to set up, easy to configure, uses elegant templates, and above all: It's a joy to use. Bolt is created using modern open source libraries, and is best suited to build sites in HTML5 with modern markup.
From a technical perspective: Bolt is written in PHP, and uses either SQLite, MySQL or PostgreSQL as a database. It's built upon the Silex framework together with a number of Symfony components and other libraries. Bolt is released under the open source MIT-license.
Build status, code quality and other badges
For continuously inspecting our code, we use Scrutinizer CI. You can find all runs on our code base here.
Detailed instructions can be found in the Installation section in the documentation.
Have a question? Want to chat? Run into a problem?
- There’s always some people willing to chat in our IRC channel on Freenode at #boltcms. No IRC client? Use our web-based client.
- We also have a Slack channel at boltcms.slack.com. To get in, get yourself an invite at slack.bolt.cm.
- There's a Forum at discuss.bolt.cm, where we'll gladly help you sort out problems, or discuss other Bolt-related things.
- We’re pretty active on Twitter. Follow us, or say hello at @BoltCM.
When you run into an issue, be sure to provide some details on the issue. Please include with your report:
- the (example) input;
- the output you expected;
- the output actually produced.
This way we can reproduce your issue, turn it into a test and prevent the issue from occurring in future versions.
Extensions and Themes
Since Bolt 2.0, you can install extensions and themes directly from Bolt's interface. To browse the available extensions and themes, visit market.bolt.cm.