UFO: ECS Deploy Tool
Ufo is a tool that builds Docker images and deploys them to AWS ECS. The main command is
ufo ship. Here's summary of what it does:
- Builds a docker image.
- Generates and registers the ECS template definition.
- Deploys the ECS template definition to the ECS service.
Ufo deploys a task definition that is written in a templating language that is easily and fully controllable.
See ufoships.com for full documentation.
If you are upgrading, please refer to the Upgrading docs
gem install ufo
Full installation instructions are at Install Ufo.
To quickly demonstrate how simple it is to use ufo we will use an example app from tongueroo/demo-ufo. The app is a barebones sinatra app. Here are the steps:
gem install ufo git clone https://github.com/tongueroo/demo-ufo.git demo cd demo ufo init --image=tongueroo/demo-ufo ufo ship demo-web
Congratulations, you have successfully used ufo to deploy to an ECS service.
Load Balancer Support
Ufo can also create a load balancer as part of creating the ECS service if you wish. Underneath the hood, ufo uses CloudFormation to create the load balancer. More information can be found at the load balancer support docs.
- UFO How to Create Unlimited Extra Environments
- UFO and ECS Fargate Introduction Tutorial
- UFO ECS Deployment Tool Introduction
- UFO Version 4 Release: Load Balancer Support
- UFO Ship on AWS ECS Presentation
Bug reports and pull requests are welcome on GitHub at https://github.com/tongueroo/ufo/issues.
QA Checklist is a good list of things to check.