Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Booktype wiki!
Booktype makes it easier for people and organisations to collate, organise, edit and publish books. Delivering frictionlessly to print, Amazon, iBooks and almost any ereader, Booktype facilitates collaborative production processes. No more lost manuscripts, overwritten Word files, awkward wikis or cumbersome CMSes. Visit our Omnibook platform to try it for yourself.
Authors and editors do not need to install anything on their computer to use Booktype, as long as they have an up to date web browser. Booktype is a server-side application which can be installed on various Linux distributions and Mac OS X. Please read the chapter Before you install to get started.
- The official user manual is Booktype for Authors and Publishers
- There are three Booktype forums - Support, Development, Documentation
- The Project Tracker is the place to file bugs and improvement tickets.
- Please help the Booktype project with the localization of the interface in your language.
How to contribute
There are only 4 steps for contributing code:
- Fork the sourcefabric/Booktype repository - how to fork.
- Clone your fork
- Create a new local feature branch - how to create branch
- Create a pull request with your feature/bugfix - how to create pull request
Booktype is licensed under the GNU AGPL license, version 3.