Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Using the Site Customizer
You can use the Site Customizer module to make quick tweaks to the design of the default templates, including backgrounds, fonts, and border items.
The first step is to install it. The Site Customizer is a default module, so it's bundled with Dolphin. You can install it from the Administration Panel => Modules => Add & Managed. Once installed, you can access the module from the member menu - look for the wand icon:
Click the wand icon to load up a new block at the top of the page:
By default, the Site Customizer loads the Themes overview, which shows installed Themes. You can save customizations as themes to select and load different looks instantly - for example, seasonal themes on the site. Since this is a new install, we don't have any themes at the moment.
In the top-right of the block, click Themes to revreal the menu:
As noted, there's three main customization options in the Site Customizer:
- Backgrounds: Background color and images
- Fonts: Font families, styles, sizes, and colors
- Borders: Border width and colors
Switch to one of them, and you'll see the actual customization options:
Here's a quick overview of what you see:
- Select: Select from the various parts of Dolphin that can be customized, like the page (for backgrounds) or header area
- Color: Set the background color - leave empty for none
- Image: Upload an image to use as the background
- Repeat: For images, have the image repeat, repeat-x, repeat-y, or not at all
- Position: For images, set the positioning of the image (e.g., top-center)
At the bottom of the customizer options are a row of buttons:
- Preview: Preview the changes without comitting them
- Reset: Reset the changes to the last save
- Save: Save the changes (make them live)
- Publish: Save the changes as a theme
- Close: Close the Site Customizer box
Add more to the Site Customizer
The Site Customizer isn't limited to only a few items to restyle. You can add almost every part of Dolphin to the customizer options.
TODO: Write this.