Reading words without dividing is uncomfortable.
Add word-boundary spaces to rescue.
word 文字 word
Space is widely used as a word divider, while in Chinese/Japanese writing, there are no separation inter words.
When mixing two systems, for example
word文字word, many people believe some
spacing should appear between
文字 for readability, lead it seems
word 文字 word.
We haven't developed a good solution to add space yet, but have to add whitespace by hand. This plugin just comes to make it easier.
wordword#break()function to convert string with spaces added.
- User operator (require vim-operator-user plugin by @kana).
- Add spaces between words and punctuations,
- Automatically add spaces when typing.
Most features were disabled by default, please read doc to configure yourself.
Related / Reference
- 關於「中英文間是否需要一格空白」的討論 • MozTW 討論區
- CSS4 text spacing (unofficial proposal draft)
- 讓你的 emacs 自動在英文與中文之間加入空白 - coldnew's blog
Release to public domain.