Eboshi is a web application for collaborative time-tracking and invoicing, written in Ruby on Rails. We use this internally at BOTandROSE design.
- Ruby version 1.8.7
- Bundler 1.0
- Prince 7.0 for pdf output http://www.princexml.com/download/
- TODO: replace with wkhtmltopdf
Other versions of these requirements may work, but have not been tested.
Get the source
git clone git://github.com/botandrose/eboshi.git
Inside the eboshi directory, install gems using Bundler:
Configure & Finish
Copy config/database.sample.yml to config/database.yml, then edit it to match your database configuration.
bundle exec rake eboshi:bootstrap to create and set up the database.
Run the application to finish the installation:
Start the server with passenger, thin, webrick, whatever, and load it up in your browser. You will then be led through the rest of the installation (e.g. creating an admin account, etc.)
Contact & information
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don’t break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright © 2010 Bot and Rose, Inc. See LICENSE for details.