Create Alexa Skill and Google Action - "Greetings from Earth"
This course introduces you to the basics of voice applications development for the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant with BotTalk. The course covers beginner-level concepts. You’re not required to have any prior programming knowledge or be familiar with either of the platforms.
This course consists of several chapters, containing end-to-end instructions that help you understand the basics of Alexa Skills and Actions on Google development.
What you'll build
You'll learn how to develop a voice app called "Greetings from Earth" by building a basic conversational interface that looks something like that:
User: Hey Google / Alexa, open Greetings from Earth.
Assistant: Welcome to Greetings from Earth. What is your name?
User: My name is Elon.
Assistant: And what planet are you from?
User: I'm from Mars.
Assistant: Dear Elon, your very personal Greetings from Earth will reach Mars in about 22 light-minutes.
This voice application development course for beginners consists of 8 chapters. Each chapter contains easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions that help you understand the basics of voice development with BotTalk
- Chapter 1: Understand How Voice Assistants Work
- Chapter 2: Create New Voice Scenario
- Chapter 3: First Dialog Step
- Chapter 4: Testing Voice Applications
- Chapter 5: Capture what users say
- Chapter 6: Deploy an Alexa Skill and Action on Google
- Chapter 7 (optional): Display visual interface on Assistant App and Echo Show
- Chapter 8 (optional): Make API requests with Alexa Skills / Google Actions