Translating the Botwiki.org content
We are now in phase one of translating the Botwiki.org content. During this phase we are only translating the bot pages as the content of the other pages may still change significantly.
For example translations, see
(Look for the "also available in" link.)
Let's say you want to translate https://github.com/botwiki/botwiki.org/blob/master/content/bots/twitterbots/11_11_bot.md
- Create a new issue on the Botwiki GitHub repo and list the bots you want to translate. Hint -- you can use checkboxes to track your progress.
- After cloning the repo, create a copy of the file
/content/bots/twitterbots/11_11_bot.mdin the same folder, and name it
xxis the language code (ISO 639-1).
- Looking at the actual .md file, add
Title(see Pico issue #140), update the
Authortag to your name or your most common online username, then update
Dateto the current date using the format most common in your country, and finally, add a new tag below called
- In the original file, add a tag
xx. If the
Translationstag is already present, simply append a comma and a new language code (no spaces), for example
- Translate the content of the page, in this case it would be:
[@11_11_bot](https://twitter.com/11_11_bot) is a Twitter bot created by [@swayandsea](https://twitter.com/swayandsea) that will remind of your own mortality, daily.
And that's it! You can look at this finished translation as an example.