cfPassphrase is a library for securely hashing and checking passphrases using proven industry standard algorithms. It aims to provide a simple and common implementation that can be used in any CFML engine.
Further details of what it provides can be found on the wiki: https://github.com/boughtonp/cfpassphrase/wiki
Version: 0.1 Released: 2015-02-22
To check latest release, visit http://sorcerersisle.com/projects:cfpassphrase.html
cfPassphrase is intended to run on any CFML engine.
At present, it has been tested with the latest stable releases, namely:
- ColdFusion 11 (11,0,04,293328)
- ColdFusion 10 (10,0,15,292620)
- ColdFusion 9 (9,0,1,274733)
- OpenBD 3.2 (nightly 2015-02-22)
- OpenBD 3.1 (nightly 2013-03-12)
- Railo 4.2 (4.2.2.004)
- Lucee 4.5 (4.5.1.000)
If you have issues getting it to work, please log them at:
cfPassphrase is a project created and maintained by Peter Boughton, licensed under the LGPLv3 (read license.txt for details).
The project gratefully makes use of the third-party software detailed below, each available individually under their respective licenses.
jBCrypt v0.3 (mindrot.org/projects/jBCrypt)
- Source: http://mindrot.org/files/jBCrypt/
- License: ISC/BSD (http://mindrot.org/files/jBCrypt/LICENSE)
- Files: src/mindrot/jbcrypt/BCrypt.java
Java PBKDF2 (crackstation.net/hashing-security.htm)
- Source: http://crackstation.net/hashing-security.htm
- License: Public Domain
- Files: src/crackstation/PBKDF2/PasswordHash.java
Java SCrypt (github.com/wg/scrypt)
- Source: https://github.com/wg/scrypt
- License: Apache v2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- Files: src/com/lambdaworks/*