Designing Beautiful Maps with D3.js
This project contains the slides and code from my talk "Designing Beautiful Maps with D3.js". In it, you will find code examples for using D3.js to build a variety of thematic maps. Each map is numbered and builds on one another, with each map showing off a different aspect of map making with D3 that I wanted to highlight. The maps show off various SVG and CSS techniques as well as how to use D3 to apply different projections, color scales, and animations.
This app is running at http://bowmanmc.github.io/designing_maps
So far, a version of this talk has been given at:
- Dayton Data Visualization Meetup - 11/12/2014
- Chicago Web Conf - 02/21/2015
- FOSS4G NA - 03/12/2015
To run this code:
- install node.js
- install grunt: npm install -g grunt-cli
- install bower: npm install -g bower
- go to the root of the project and run "npm install" and "bower install"
- finally, run "grunt"
- The slides are on index.html