This project allows you to cache the compilation on Unreal Engine building (like ccache).
It's supported out of box (you need simply install it):
- Visual Studio UBT build on Windows;
- clang UBT build on Linux.
This program uses UBT extension point for IncrediBuild.
It speeds up recompilation by caching previous compilations and detecting when the same compilation is being done again.
You can install octobuild by PowerShell commands:
# First, you have to set the execution policy to allow scripts, otherwise it'll silently fail # while reporting success (https://github.com/OneGet/oneget/issues/97#issuecomment-139331418): Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned # Add package source Register-PackageSource -Name bozaro -Provider Chocolatey -Location https://www.myget.org/F/bozaro/ # Install package Install-Package octobuild
rem Add chocolatey source choco sources add -name bozaro -source https://www.myget.org/F/bozaro/ rem Install package choco install octobuild
You can install octobuild by commands:
# Add package source echo "deb https://dist.bozaro.ru/ debian/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dist.bozaro.ru.list curl -s https://dist.bozaro.ru/signature.gpg | sudo apt-key add - # Install package sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install octobuild
You can get configuration files and show default and actual configuration by running
xgConsole without parameters.
On Windows you can't mix compilation with and without octobuild.
Unreal Engine patches
This project require some patches for Unreal Engine:
- #1789 Allow use xgConsole on Linux (merged to 4.11)
- #1825 Don't disable XGE for building UnrealHeaderTool (merged to 4.12)
- #1959 Fix redistributable build on Windows for UE 4.11 (merged to 4.12)
- #2144 Enable xgConsole octobuild implementation in AutomationTool (merged to 4.14)
- #3014 Increase cache hit by removing timestamp from generated filed