Import JSON from any URL directly into your Google Sheets.
ImportJSON.gs adds an
=ImportJSON() function to your spreadsheet, allowing quick and easy JSON importing. To use go to
Script Editor and add the
ImportJSON.gs file. Now in your spreadsheet you can access the
ImportJSON() function. Use it like this:
Here are all the functions available:
|ImportJSON||For use by end users to import a JSON feed from a URL|
|ImportJSONFromSheet||For use by end users to import JSON from one of the Sheets|
|ImportJSONViaPost||For use by end users to import a JSON feed from a URL using POST parameters|
|ImportJSONBasicAuth||For use by end users to import a JSON feed from a URL with HTTP Basic Auth|
|ImportJSONAdvanced||For use by script developers to easily extend the functionality of this library|
ImportJSON.gs for more info on how to use these in detail.
- v1.6.0 (June 2, 2019) Fixed null values (thanks @gdesmedt1)
- v1.5.0 (January 11, 2019) Adds ability to include all headers in a fixed order even when no data is present for a given header in some or all rows.
- v1.4.0 (July 23, 2017) - Project transferred to Brad Jasper. Fixed off-by-one array bug. Fixed previous value bug. Added custom annotations. Added ImportJSONFromSheet and ImportJSONBasicAuth.
- v1.3.0 - Adds ability to import the text from a set of rows containing the text to parse. All cells are concatenated
- v1.2.1 - Fixed a bug with how nested arrays are handled. The rowIndex counter wasn't incrementing properly when parsing.
- v1.2.0 - Added ImportJSONViaPost and support for fetchOptions to ImportJSONAdvanced
- v1.1.1 - Added a version number using Google Scripts Versioning so other developers can use the library
- v1.1.0 - Added support for the noHeaders option
- v1.0.0 - Initial release
How can you help?
- Found a bug? Report it! https://github.com/bradjasper/ImportJSON/issues
- Want to contribute? Submit an enhancement
This code base used to be hosted at http://blog.fastfedora.com/projects/import-json and contained a lot of useful information. It has been archived at https://rawgit.com/bradjasper/ImportJSON/master/archive/blog.fastfedora.com/projects/import-json.html
Some of this if possible internally with Google App Scripts External APIs, like UrlFetch: https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/external
These require a Google account and an explicit permission, but in some cases may be a good fit.