iPhone Field Tools
A photographer's utility for calculating depth of field on iOS devices.
Written by Brad Sokol.
Field Tools is an efficient, easy to use depth of field calculator for photographers working in the field. Using just a few touches, you can quickly calculate hyperfocal, near focus and far focus distances, all from a single screen. App settings are also a single touch away. Features include:
- Large, easy to read result display
- Switch distance type - hyperfocal, near limit, far limit and combined near/far limits - with a single touch
- Sliders for adjusting focal length, aperture and focus distance
- Configure multiple cameras and lenses and switch between them with just a few touches
- Results in meters, feet or feet and inches
Field Tools is implemented as a utility application. The settings "side" of the app uses UITableViews and UINavigationController to configure cameras and lenses. Hopefully, the source can serve as an example of a reasonably well written app that is a bit more substantial than the typical sample Cocoa Touch code.
Downloads are available from the iTunes App Store.
Field Tools is licensed under the Apache License. Portions of the software are licensed under the MIT License.
Thanks to following people for their contributions on Github that helped make Field Tools better: