MDLWP - A Material Design Lite WordPress Theme
MDLWP is a Material Design WordPress theme(probably the first!) that uses Sass, Gulp, Bower, and of course Material Design Lite.
Download free and premium plugins that add extra features and extend the functionality of MDLWP.
- Material Design Icons - thousands of community-led icons
- Material Design Login - take over the default WP login screens and turns them into Material Design forms
- Material Design Portfolio - Filterable portfolio layout for MDLWP
- Material Design Social Sharing - Enables social sharing icons on indiviual posts
- Material Design Masonry Layout - Turn a page on your MDLWP powered site into a Pinterest style layout
WordPress customizer options(v1.0.1) add theme hooks(v1.1.3)
- different page layouts (v1.1.0 - ribbon layout)
- integrate other MDL components
Do you have an idea? PRs welcome.
For the Nerds
For customization, basic knowledge of the command line and the following dependencies are required to use MDLWP:
- MDL (http://www.getmdl.io/)
- Node (http://nodejs.org/) -
- Gulp (http://gulpjs.com/) -
npm install --global gulp
- Bower (http://bower.io/) -
npm install -g bower
After you've downloaded MDLWP, and run
npm install and
gulp from the command line you can start using gulp.
1) Navigate to your new theme
2) Gulp tasks available:
gulp sass - Compile, prefix, and minify CSS files
gulp bower - Install bower components
gulp zip - Creates a zipped file in the root of the theme. Ignores the bower_components and node_modules directories.
- Mark Constable - github updater