Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
An overhaul to the control mechanism and some big playability improvements:
- When you release the turning key, the Cloudship stops turning (automatically steers in opposite direction)
- Flotsam Dial not has red bars to show it's full
- Scroll wheel zoom happens regardless of right mouse button
- There's an enemy indicator on the compass to show direction
- Shooting is now spacebar
- When building, buildings lock their rotation with that of the ship
- Hook drops more quickly
- Starts with a chimney and a bridge
- Added bridge cam
Implementation of Alpha feedback, lots of graphical and gameplay improvements:
- More responsive movement with fewer boilers
- Cannonball smoke, puffs, explosions, trails
- Claw is longer
- Bad guys drop flotsam when they die
- Cannons more accurate
The aim of this release is to give friends a go and work out if the core mechanics of build, collect and fight are fun enough to warrant continuing with the game.
Includes a brief help tutorial, bug fixes and some game play tweaks to make it more fun to play.
Full list here in the Milestone.
The key resource flotsam added. Collect Flotsam to make more buildings. Added store building to store more flotsam. As you approach flotsam, the hook will drop automatically.
The new dial on the controller tells you how much Flotsam you have as a percentage. If you're full, the hook won't drop. Add more stores! If a store has flotsam and is destroyed or removed then the flotsam it is holding is lost!
To keep things easier while I work out balance, spawn and enemy with F4. This is only temporary.
The physics engine has now been given mass to play with! Bigger Cloudships handle differently.
Also, the enemy is now made from the same Cloudship buildings and parts as the player, making it somewhat fairer.
A few small changes:
- New start/settings menu graphics
- Buildings now take damage and can be destroyed
- Buildings now have a function. Boilers (chimneys) give thrust and the bridge is required to move at all.
- Wind sound!
- Cinematic camera
This large release see the grid removed. Buildings can be rotated and placed anywhere on the Cloudship surface. I've also added a handy shader to show when you're off the edge of the Cloudship or when a building is selected.
Press b to show the build menu, build up your Cloudship and defend yourself!
Click and drag to move buildings, click and delete to remove buildings.