This was a quick project to see how difficult it would be to control an Arduino microcontroller over a local network with a Raspberry PI.
To build the project you'll need to setup Node.js. ideally on a PI if you want to build the project to spec.
Materials used in this project:
- Raspberry PI Model B
- Arduino Leonardo
- 2x 400 tie pt Breadboards
- 1x Full Length Breadboard
- 4x74HC595 Shift Registers
- 7-Segment Display - 4-Digit
- 24 Leds
- Bunch of Jumper Wires
- Follow the schematic to wire everything up
- Flash the sketch at /arduino/node-led/node-led.ino onto your Arduino
- Connect the Arduino to your PI
- Fire up the Node server by running the app via > node app
- Point a web browser at the IP address of the PI e.g. 192.168.2.1:8080
Any questions, comments, suggestions open an issue or post a comment on my blog.