Brightcove Google Analytics JS Plugin
Note/Warning: This has been reported to only work on Android. I'll be back from vacation on 09/23, at which time I'll start evaluating overhauling/updating this library. I think it's time :)
This plugin file allows you to integrate the HTML5 player's events and details with your Google Analytics account. Fairly plug-and-play, you need to only change the account ID in the code to make sure the events get sent to the right place.
- Open the ga-plugin.js file.
- On line 10, change
UA-XXXXX-Xto your Google Analytics account ID. Make sure to keep the quotation marks around the account ID.
- Save changes ;)
- Upload the ga-plugin.js file to a URL-addressable location.
- Make note of that URL, making sure there's a
.jsextension on file in the URL.
- In the player's settings in your Brightcove Video Cloud account, choose the plugins tab.
- Use the URL from above for the plugin field. If it ends in a
.jsextension, the player will know to use it for the HTML5 players.
Where to Find the Details in Google Analytics
If you log into your Google Analytics account, in the left-hand navigation, click Content. Under that, click on Events.