Pretty Bird for Thunderbird 17
- Only tested with Thunderbird 17 on Linux
- You'll need to adjust your toolbar buttons to not suck out of the gate
- It only addresses the main mailbox screen and not other things like Lightening, Add-ons and other sections.
- Add the userChrome.css to your Thunderbird directory ~/.thunderbird/[uid].default/chrome/
- - If the chrome folder doesn't exist, create it!
- - Restart Thunderbird
Getting the exact Look
- In the main toolbar, remove everything except: New, Get Mail, Reply, Reply to All, Archive, Delete.
- Set icons to only "icons" and not "icons and text"
- I like to also have the menu bar hidden (unlike in the screenshot above)
- Move the search box to the "tab" toolbar.
- Remove all buttons in the "message view" pane - those are stupid.