Roll a new WordPress installation for MAMP with this quick shell script (allows custom inputs for directory, database name, and WP version).
Assuming you have MAMP installed in
- Download the shell script.
- Run it in Terminal.
- Answer the prompts.
From my brief write-up:
I decided to combine the most common, repetitive steps of the process into one useful shell script that:
- Creates a new directory (and lets me name it)
- Downloads WordPress from GitHub and checks out whatever version I tell it to
- Creates a new database (and lets me name it) and gives the MySQL user proper permissions
- Generates my security keys and adds them to
- Adds my database name, username, and password to
- Opens up
wp-admin/install.phpto lets me complete installation
Getting fatal: could not create work tree dir... or having other permissions-related issues? Put
sudo in front of the path to the script before running it.