zimdown is a ZIM to markdown conversion tool.
Originally, I created zimdown to turn my existing notes into notes that could be easily read by the github markdown interpreter. I was looking for a way to markdown my notes so that they could be written in vim with no problems whatsoever. Here is the result.
So far the process looks a little something like this
- Converts all syntax of a ZIM file into GFM (GitHub flavored markdown)
Currently, the following objects are converted:
Suggested call looks like
zimdown <zimFile> <mdFile>
- Add the -i flag (inverse) to allow for md->zim conversions
- Completion of syntax, so all zim syntax can be converted
- Add the -d flag (directory) to convert entire directories.
- Add -h flag to produce HTML file zim->markdown->html
To Compile zimdown
Is this program even necessary? Probably not. Don't rain on my parade.