This project aims to list anti-establishment public YouTubers for simplified onboarding of new members to the cause.
Growing from this base we want to build a platform which elevates content creators far beyond what YouTube can currently offer, and gives them resilience from being censored or deplatformed.
For now though this is a really simple website
- Channels can be added to the homepage under
- Videos can be added to the homepage under
- Playlists can be created to link to videos and channels
- Social media can be changed in
We'd like to simplify the process for adding content, this is a project you can help with!
hugo serve open localhost:1313
We have a video to walk you through the process, let us know if you need any help!
Bake Command Line Interface (Recommended)
bake channel import SLUG youtube URL
Visit github.com/breadtubetv/bake for more information
Manually Add Channel
- Create a
- Fill in the required information:
name: Readable Name permalink: <slug> providers: twitter: name: Readable Name slug: username url: https://www.twitter.com/<username> youtube: name: Readable Name slug: youtube-id url: https://www.youtube.com/channel/<youtube-id> subscribers: 9000 slug: <slug> tags: - breadtube
- Create a
- Follow this example format:
--- title: "<Readable Name>" type: "channel" channel: "<slug>" menu: main: parent: "Channels" videos: - abc123def ---
- Download the image and save it to
Creating a Playlist
- Create a New File under content/playlists/ (ProTip: Copy an existing one)
- Add the video ids you want into the new Playlist Front Matter
- Add the videos you need to
- Add the channels you need to
Pull requests are automatically deployed to a self contained environment for review.
While this is a simple Hugo website, hosting is on netlify.com.