Pelican configs/themes/plugins for blog.horan.hk
This git repo holds the config files, theme files and plugin files I use to generate the site blog.horan.hk.
- Pelican 3.6.x
For a full list of python depances see Pelican install guide
- README.md -- This file
- pelicanconf.py -- Pelican config + dev settings
- publishconf.py -- Pelican config (inherited) + prod settings
- tipue_search.py -- Tipue search plugin (unmodified from upstream)
- pelican_comment_system -- Static pelican comment plugin (unmodified from upstream)
- pelican-bootstrap3 -- My current theme (modified from upstream)
Details on modfictions
- pelicanconf.py and publishconf.py are fully commented in-line, please see each file for the meaning of each setting.
- Ripped out any social media rubbish (facebook, twitter etc) [Ongoing effort]
- Updated tipue search to v5 to resolve search page generation issue
Work flow for a new blog post
This section makes use of the included "Makefile".
Only change to the Makefile was :
SSH_HOST= blog.horan.hk SSH_PORT= 22 SSH_USER= oldmate SSH_TARGET_DIR= /dev/null
Write a new article.
The header should contain the follwoing :
title: Check out my new post Category: howto slug: check-my-post date: 2015-12-12 summary: How to write the headers for a new post on my blog
Test it localy
run : "make html"
run : "make serve"
View in web browser "http://localhost:8000"
Publish to web server
run : "make publish"
run : "make rsync_upload"