Notes from the National Institute for Computer Assisted Reporting conference in Denver, Co. in March 2016.
- The way we look next: Mining past and future census data to predict diversity in race, income and aging
- Same as it ever was? New approaches to the same old data
- Data for breaking news
- How to build tools so reporters will use them
- When and how data journalists disclose their methods
- How to avoid rookie mistakes
- Which chart should I use, and why? Information design for the human brain!
- How to keep up: Newsapps teams as lifetime learners
- So you want to be a lonely coder
- Lightning talks
- Agate for data analysis in python
- Conversations: Getting organized - Letting information work for you, rather than being buried by it
- The life cycle of a news app
- All about the analysis
- Creating snackable and shareable dataviz