goleft is a collection of bioinformatics tools written in go distributed together as a single binary under a liberal (MIT) license.
Running the binary
goleft will give a list of subcommands
with a short description. Running any subcommand without
arguments will give a full help for that command.
The easiest way to install goleft is to download the latest binary from the releases and make sure to chmod +x the resulting binary.
If you are using go, you can build from source with:
go get -u github.com/brentp/goleft/... go install github.com/brentp/goleft/cmd/goleft
goleft is also available in bioconda
- covstats : estimate coverage and insert-size statistics on bams by sampling
- depth : parallelize calls to samtools in user-defined windows
- depthwed : matricize output from depth to n-sites * n-samples
- indexcov : quick coverage estimate using only the bam index
- indexsplit : generate regions of even data across a cohort (for parallelization)
- samplename: report samplename(s) from a bam's SM tag