@@ -20,15 +20,15 @@ Development mode makes it easier to make changes to your application. It include
For Linux and Mac:
For Windows Powershell, use `$env:` instead of `export`:
$env:FLASK_APP = 'app'
$env:FLASK_APP = 'app/app.py'
$env:FLASK_ENV = 'development'
@@ -166,6 +166,23 @@ This project uses a GitHub OAuth app for Authentication and uses GitHub's API. T
* Replace `<INSERT_CLIENT_ID>` with your GitHub Client ID.
* Replace `<INSERT_CLIENT_SECRET>` with your GitHub Client Secret.
###Deploy to Heroku
Heroku is an easy way for developers to deploy their application. To deploy to Heroku, make sure you have the [Heroku CLI](https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/heroku-cli) installed first. Then follow these steps:
1. Clone the code into a fresh folder: `git clone https://github.com/MLH/mlh-hackathon-flask-starter.git`
2. Navigate to the new folder: `cd mlh-hackathon-flask-starter`
3. Create a new Heroku app: `heroku create`
4. Push the code to Heroku with git: `git push heroku master`
5. Make sure the app builds and you can open it: `heroku open`
Alternatively, you can use this button to create a new application on Heroku:
If you are having problems running the project or getting it to work, check the [issue tracker](https://github.com/MLH/mlh-hackathon-flask-starter/issues) for any related issues. It might also have the solution to your issue. If an issue doesn't already exist, feel free to open a new issue. We will try to respond as quickly as possible.