LArTPC Field Calculation Using BEM
Three slices the individual Shockley-Ramo weighting potential for a U, a V and a W wire, placed together.
Note: this package is still a work in progress!
Note: this documentation is still a mish mash and may not represent reality!
- models simple parametric 3D geometric objects such as needed to describe electrodes in a LArTPC.
- generates a 2D mesh on a scene composed of one or more 3D objects.
- allows defining surface potentials on the domain of these objects.
- uses Boundary Element Method to solve the integral of the Laplace equation on this domain.
- evaluates the solution at points in the volume.
- interprets solutions as 3D electrostatic potential producing an Electric drift field.
- interprets solutions as 3D Shockley-Ramo weighting potentials and associated drift field.
- steps through the drift field using adaptive Runge-Kutta evaluating the weighting potential and collecting instantaneous currents induced on the electrodes.
- provides data provenance, bookkeeping, conversion and visualization for these above steps.
More information is provided under ./docs/ including: