Here are my custom dotfiles with a new 'oh-my-zsh' flair. Complete overhaul of the theme and zsh backend. Code changed to be more readable and less confusing. Visually, it looks very similar to my old theme, however it is much easier to now modify and build upon.
Clone my dotfiles into a directory
$ git clone https://github.com/briancain/dotfiles ~/.dotfiles
Then run my simple install bash script
- On OSX, this script assumes you have XCode command line tools installed, and then homebrew installed. It should take care of the rest.
- If on linux, it assumes you are either using apt-get or yum as your package manager.
When you need to get the latest version of oh-my-zsh, just run the update script from the root directory of the project:
Oh-My-Zsh Custom Theme
I wrote my own theme, which you can find within the oh-my-zsh folder under themes. It's basically the Linut Mint shell with some git helper magic. Here's a preview:
Works great on....
Dotfile installation automation tested on operating systems such as....
- apt-get/yum package managers (that have ruby installed)
- Mac OSX 10.X with Homebrew
- ASSUMPTIONS: You need XCode command line tools before installing