These are the sample files for Learning Perl, 7th Edition.
Learning Perl, 7th Edition
Chapter 5, Input and Output
- We provide several files that you can use with Exercise 5.1 so you can see your tacs program in action.
Chapter 8, Matching with Regular Expressions
- pattern_test.pl is the program we use to test regular expressions
Chapter 10, More Control Structures
- lnr_example.pl is a demonstration of last, next, and redo ("lnr")
Chapter 14, String and Sorting
Chapter 16, Process Management
- We provide a fake_date.pl command that you can use in place of the Unix date command. Our version is Pure Perl.
- sample_text.txt is a short Flintstones story that you can use to search for character names. Use this with Exercise 17.1.
For old editions
- The which_dbm.pl program helps you figure out which implementation you are using. This chapter is no longer in the book.
Learning Perl Exercises
I have a companion book called either Learning Perl Student Workbook (from O'Reilly) or Learning Perl Exercises (updated version but not from O'Reilly). I have some files for that.