Transcriptase is A Github Electron app for creating and editing transcripts of media files. It supports a Markdown-inspired plain text syntax. That means you're not locked into a proprietary format, and your files are human-readable.
Transcriptase runs on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
If you want to hack on Transcriptase
- Git to get a copy of the code
- NodeJS to be able to develop and run the app
- Yarn to install the app's dependencies
- Install NodeJS for your platform.
- Install Git for your platform
- Install Yarn
- Clone the repository
- In your cloned directory, run:
# This might take a bit yarn install # Starts the app in development mode yarn start