Clone this wiki locally
What is Cooper?
- Makes it easy to allow co-op members to place orders for goods and services
- Maintains member account balances, based on deposits and shipped orders
- Provides basic functionality to manage the product catalog of goods and services offered
Cooper does not:
- Facilitate any financial transactions
- Integrate with any financial or accounting systems
Why would I use it?
Managing a co-op is not like managing an eCommerce business. With that in mind, there are currently no software solutions that work the way most co-ops work. Yes, it’s possible to customize an eCommerce platform to do what you’d need to manage your co-op, but it’s like swatting a fly with a Sherman Tank. That, and you’ll launch your co-op in about a year. Cooper is simple, and simple is what you need.
Yes, this involves work
Cooper helps to manage cooperatives. Administering a cooperative does indeed take work. If you want a solution to automate the aggregation of orders to vendors based on minimums, sort and package individual customer orders and manage delivery and billing, you probably want to run a business and are looking at the wrong solution.
The basic functions of a consumer’s cooperative with Cooper