A Safari Extension to block comments, advertisements, and other extraneous content from the New York Daily News website. It also substitutes the ugly Arial font with Helvetica.
Download the latest release here and double-click the "dailysnooze.safariextz" file once the download completes.
- Safari 9.0 or later
1.1.1 (May 17, 2016)
- No longer blocks video player
- Blocks additional advertising/analytics scripts
- Filters out additional extraneous CSS selectors to clean up the site layout
1.1 (January 23, 2016)
- Modernized to use Safari content blocking mechanism. This means that instead of just hiding advertisements, we block them from loading at all. This greatly improves performance.
- Adds numerous advertising/analytics domains to the block list
- Everything is Helvetica
1.0.3 (May 2, 2014)
- Fixes an issue with the top navigation bar in articles
1.0.2 (April 28, 2014)
- Hides an annoying overlay ad banner at the bottom of the page
1.0.1 (April 21, 2014)
- Hides ads that show up in image galleries
- Hides Pinterest and URL sharing buttons in image galleries
1.0 (April 21, 2014)
- Initial release
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org/