Development supporting the N95 Montana mask
For rigid masks, the current solutions don't scale. I am not a medical professional, but I'm told that the prototypes I have provided do not fit all users properly.
Objective: Create an app that will design an N95 mask tailored to an individual. That STL file goes to a central server where volunteers sign up to provide that mask. Volunteer prints the mask and ships it to the mailing address indicated for that mask.
- End user (health care professional) installs app on phone.
- The app collects information such as name, phone number, email and shipping address.
- The app 3D scans a face.
- The app creates the mask/face intersection line from the 3D scan.
- The app processes the scan, a surface is lofted from that intersecion line to one of several standard filter bosses.
- The app creates an STL file from the loft, and transmits the information to a central server.
- The app alternately emails the STL file to any email address, suitable for printing.
- The central server lists masks that have been requested, and tracks these.
- A volunteer with a printer downloads the mask project. The project contains the mask STL files, as well as a PDF packing slip, and perhaps a USPS shipping label.
- Volunteer prints the mask, places it in a box and mails it to the location on the label.
- Volunteer then marks the project as complete.
- End user receives physical mask. End user installs the filter and elastic band.
I need experts in the following areas:
- App development
- 3D scanning
- STL editing
- Back end services