The aim of Robo Pirate is to tweet insult in the following ways:
- All replies made to @robo_pirate will be met w/ a reply.
@robo_piratereceives no @ replies, it picks a random tweep that
@robo_pirateis following, and insults them.
- Upon execution, insults all tweeps that follow, but who cannot be followed. (
@robo_piratedon't need your protected tweet havin' ass!)
- BONUS: If tweep is particularly harsh in their reply, and the reply contains a string resembling fuck you,
@robo_piratereplies with "No, fuck YOU!" (for optional great justice).
- Get virtualenv
- Create a virtualenv
- Install a recent Python Twitter with OAuth support
- Configure and edit the script (see details below)
- Run the script
- Celebrate good times... C'MON!
Edit robo_pirate.py and change the following variable values:
consumer_key: Replace with your Twitter account's oAuth key
consumer_secret: Replace with your Twitter account's oAuth secret
access_token: Replace with your Twitter account's oAuth access token
access_token_secret: Replace with your Twitter account's oAuth access token secret
store_filename: (optional) Specify pickle storage file name.
username: The Twitter account username
See this resource for information on setting up oAuth with Python.
Please edit the different dictionaries which make up the bot's lexicon to create a unique personality for your bot, and don't just make a clone of robo_pirate itself.
Thanks - share and enjoy! :)