This repository contains R code to build and plot 150 cosponsorship networks out of the legislative activity of 27 parliamentary chambers in 19 European countries, plus Israel. The data cover approximately 558 years of parliamentary interactions. The resulting networks are stored in
If you make use of the code or data made available through this repository, please cite the following paper:
The repository contains a HOWTO file with detailed instructions on how to get and run the code, and the
README file of each country-specific repository contains further details on code execution and data collection, as well as additional thanks to people who provided help. Further ideas and links are available in the repository wiki.
The raw data collected by release 2.6 (January 2016) is available online as an archive of HTML, JSON and XML files. It can be accessed at the following DOI handle:
Please report bugs or suggestions as issues, either in this repository if the issue affects all countries, or in the country-specific repository otherwise.
- Amendment cosponsorships in the European Parliament: code, plots, viz
- Amendment cosponsorships in the Tunisian Constituent Assembly: code, plots, viz
- Bill cosponsorships in the National Assembly of South Korea: code, plots
- Bill cosponsorships in both houses of the U.S. Congress: code, plots
- Motion cosponsorships in both houses of the Dutch Parliament: code, plots
- Early day motion cosponsorships in the U.K. House of Commons: code, plots
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.