Harvested: A Ruby Harvest API
This is a Ruby wrapper for the Harvest API.
gem install harvested
harvest = Harvest.client('yoursubdomain', 'yourusername', 'yourpassword') harvest.projects() # list out projects client = Harvest::Client.new(:name => "Billable Company LTD.") client = harvest.clients.create(client) harvest.clients.find(client.id) # returns a Harvest::Client
You can find more examples in
/examples and in the documentation for Harvest::Base
The guys at Harvest built a great API, but there are always dangers in writing code that depends on an API. For example, HTTP Timeouts, Occasional Bad Gateways, and Rate Limiting issues need to be accounted for.
Harvested#client your code needs to handle all these situations. However you can also use
Harvested#hardy_client which will retry errors and wait for Rate Limit resets.
harvest = Harvest.hardy_client('yoursubdomain', 'yourusername', 'yourpassword') harvest.projects() # This will wait for the Rate Limit reset if you have gone over your limit
- Harvested Documentation
- Harvest API Documentation
- Source Code for Harvested
- Pivotal Tracker for Harvested
- Mailing List for Harvested
How to Contribute
If you find what looks like a bug:
- Check the GitHub issue tracker to see if anyone else has had the same issue. http://github.com/zmoazeni/harvested/issues/
- If you don’t see anything, create an issue with information on how to reproduce it.
If you want to contribute an enhancement or a fix:
- Fork the project on github http://github.com/zmoazeni/harvested
- Make your changes with tests
- Commit the changes without messing with the Rakefile, VERSION, or history
- Send me a pull request
Note on running tests: most cucumber features run against a live Harvest account. To run the suite, sign up for a free trial account and fill out
/features/support/harvest_credentials.yml (a sample harvest_credentials.example.yml has been included). The tests use the hardy_client so they will wait for a rate limit reset when they detect the limit has been hit.
- Write Documentation
- Implement Invoices
- Allow Timer Toggling
Other Roadmap items can be found on Pivotal Tracker
Notes on Harvest Estimates
Estimates aren't currently supported due to lack of an API. If this opens up, harvested will include them.
Copyright (c) 2010 Zach Moazeni. See LICENSE for details.