To get started, checkout http://getbootstrap.com!
Three quick start options are available:
- Download the latest release.
- Clone the repo:
git clone git://github.com/twitter/bootstrap.git.
- Install with Twitter's Bower:
bower install bootstrap.
For transparency and insight into our release cycle, and for striving to maintain backward compatibility, Bootstrap will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
Keep track of development and community news.
- Follow @twbootstrap on Twitter.
- Read and subscribe to the The Official Twitter Bootstrap Blog.
- Have a question that's not a feature request or bug report? Ask on the mailing list.
- Chat with fellow Bootstrappers in IRC. On the
irc.freenode.netserver, in the
We have included a makefile with convenience methods for working with the Bootstrap library.
- dependencies Our makefile depends on you having recess, connect, uglify.js, and jshint installed. To install, just run the following command in npm:
$ npm install recess connect uglify-js jshint -g
makeRuns the recess compiler to rebuild the
/lessfiles and compiles the docs pages. Requires recess and uglify-js. Read more in our docs »
make testRuns jshint and qunit tests headlessly in phantomjs (used for ci). Depends on having phantomjs installed.
make watchThis is a convenience method for watching just Less files and automatically building them whenever you save. Requires the Watchr gem.
Copyright and license
Copyright 2012 Twitter, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.