Moonwards is a project to build a virtual lunar colony with the highest possible scientific and technological realism, interactive, vast, and media-rich. The goal is to bring space-faring alive in people's minds by showing them what it would be like through an intuitive medium. This is a prerequisite for understand the true importance of space exploration, after it reaches its tipping point and development explodes.
- Clone this repository
- Install Ruby and Ruby Gems
- Install Jekyll. Windows users see Jekyll on Windows
- Install Sass
- Install the Jekyll timeago gem:
gem install jekyll-timeagoin a terminal, or with RubyInstaller in Windows
- On Linux or Mac, open a terminal, go to the project folder, and run
make. On Windows, use RubyInstaller to do a build of the Jekyll components. Sass can be compiled with the free and open-source Scout-App
- Test the build locally by running
jekyll serveand loading that in your browser at 127.0.0.1:4000
The models in this repo are all Blender files.