BitTheater is a responsive full-stack application that allows users to write and read reviews for theater shows, create and view show lists of shows they have seen or want to see, and earn badges.
Visitors can view public reviews filtered by major categories such as broadway, off-broadway, Washington, D.C based shows, musicals and plays. Users with accounts can post reviews by chosing from a list of prepopulated shows. There is also an option for users to mark their reviews as private.
Visitors can view public showlists by recently created lists, wish lists and trip lists. There are three types of lists that users can create. Main lists for favorites or annual lists of shows, Wishlists for shows that users would like to see and Trip lists for lists of shows to see on a particular vacation.
Users can earn badges by posting reviews, creating showlists and seeing shows. In future versions, additional badges will be added. Visitors may also suggest badges via a suggestion form on the main Badge page.
Wireframes & Graphics
BitTheater was designed mobile-first. Wireframes were created using AdobeXD and all illustrations were created using Affinity Designer.
- CSS3 (SCSS)
- Affinity Designer, AdobeXD
- Build Features. Will allow users to create stories using reviews and additional content to showcase a recap of previous shows seen, certain genres and more.
- User Profiles
- Increase user interaction with each other. Allow users to rate showlists, leave comments etc.
- Allow user interaction with data for more customized filtering
- Ability to purchase tickets for shows from the website / redirect to ticketing services
- Creating custom lists of recommended shows based on user review and showlist history
- Provide real-time alerts to users based on past activity, such as recommend a user writes a review when they add a past show to a showlist