Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any kind of information on your desktop.
Grab the latest release from GitHub.
Conky can display more than 300 built-in objects, including support for:
- A plethora of OS stats (uname, uptime, CPU usage, mem usage, disk usage, "top" like process stats, and network monitoring, just to name a few).
- Built-in IMAP and POP3 support.
- Built-in support for many popular music players (MPD, XMMS2, BMPx, Audacious).
- Can be extended using built-in Lua support, or any of your own scripts and programs (more).
- Built-in Imlib2 and Cairo bindings for arbitrary drawing with Lua (more).
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Haiku OS, and macOS!
... and much much more.
Conky can display information either as text, or using simple progress bars and graph widgets, with different fonts and colours.
See the User Configs below for more screenshots and associated config files.
The GitHub Wiki serves as a central hub for all of Conky's documentation.
Patches submitted in issues, email, or elsewhere will likely be ignored. When submitting PRs, please:
- Describe the changes, why they were necessary, etc
- Describe how the changes affect existing behaviour
- Describe how you tested and validated your changes
- Include any relevant screenshots/evidence demonstrating that the changes work and have been tested
- Any new source files should include a GPLv3 license header
- Any contributed code must be GPLv3 licensed