- Window Configuration
- Using Lua scripts
- How does a Lua script work
- Displaying stuff in conky
- Drawing lines
- Drawing rectangles, circles and arcs
- Making a bar meter and a circle meter
- Borders and if statements
- Alarm colors and complex if statements
- Function parameters
- Table parameters
- For loops and cpu chart
- Clock and circular things
- Useful functions and code
- CLI commands timers and line editing
Clone this wiki locally
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any kind of information on your desktop. Conky is free software and runs in X on Linux and BSD. Originally a fork of Torsmo, Conky's torsmo-based code is BSD licensed. New code in Conky has been licensed under the GPL 3.0.
Since its inception, Conky has changed significantly from its predecessor, while maintaining simplicity and configurability. Conky can display just about anything, either on your root desktop, in its own window. Not only does Conky have many built-in objects, it can also display just about any piece of information by using scripts and other external programs.
Although Conky was originally designed for X, newer versions can also be used to write to log files, display in GNU Screen ...
The name Conky comes from a character in a Canadian TV show Trailer Park Boys.
- Installation - Getting Conky on your system
- Configurations - Conky's settings / variables
- Window Configuration - Conky window configuration settings for different WM/DE like KDE/Unity/Cinnamon/GNU Screen/...
- Configs - Default configs / User-submitted configs
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Lua - Conky's Lua APIs / Tips and tricks
- Open an issue or pull request.
- Reach out directly to developers:
Want to offer support? Add yourself above.
- Linux Magazine published a 2-page article about Conky where it's called "one of the best maintained, and definitely one of the most useful, programs in the world of open source"
- Article about configuring Conky on Linux.com
- A short description about Conky on Linux.com
- A review by someone with the nick 'mulander'
- Thread on the ubuntu forums that lists many different configurations
- Thread on the polish debian forum
- The Dutch version of Linux Magazine has a 5-page article about Conky (in Dutch).
- Conky - Light weight system monitor | Linux Operating System - Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, Arch At go2linux.org
- Lithuanian Version of Conky - Light weight system monitor At lpic.lt