Please sign in to comment.
Fix for indel calling with UG in presence of reduced reads: When a re…
…ad is long enough so that there's no reference context available, the reads gets clipped so that it falls again within the reference context range. However, the clipping is incorrect, as it makes the read end precisely at the end of the reference context coordinates. This might lead to a case where a read might span beyond the haplotype if one of the candidate haplotypes is shorter than the reference context (As in the case e.g. with deletions). In this case, the HMM will not work properly and the likelihood will be bad, since "insertions" at end of reads when haplotype is done will be penalized and likelihood will be much lower than it should. -- Added check to see if read spans beyond reference window MINUS padding and event length. This guarantees that read will always be contained in haplotype. -- Changed md5's that happen when long reads from old 454 data have their likelihoods changed because of the extra base clipping.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 15 additions and 11 deletions.
- +10 −6 protected/java/src/org/broadinstitute/sting/gatk/walkers/indels/PairHMMIndelErrorModel.java
- +2 −2 .../org/broadinstitute/sting/gatk/walkers/genotyper/UnifiedGenotyperIndelCallingIntegrationTest.java
- +2 −2 ...ed/java/test/org/broadinstitute/sting/gatk/walkers/genotyper/UnifiedGenotyperIntegrationTest.java
- +1 −1 ...org/broadinstitute/sting/gatk/walkers/genotyper/UnifiedGenotyperNormalCallingIntegrationTest.java