Blargo: An Ad-Optimized News Theme for Wordpress
Blargo is a child theme of Largo. While Largo is a great theme to get started, we wanted to make it even easier for new news publishers to get started. It adds several features, and most importantly, is ad-friendly.
It was build in partnership with the New Jersey News Commons.
Here are some features you get when you use Blargo:
- 2x 2-column layout with width optimized for IAB-standard ad sizes
- Fixed-width (with responsiveness) or fluid, full width layout
- The addition of an ad zone right of the logo (468x60)
- The addition of a "Monster" ad zone at the top of the page (728x90 or 960x?)
- Seamless integration with Broadstreet's ad manager (free under 100k monthly impressions)
- Built in ad zone widget
- Responsive styling of ads
- Several basic color schemes
- Ability to set a site background image/wallpaper
- Ability to set transparency on the content area
- More, like the tweaking of some unrefined largo styles
- Install the Blargo theme
- Go to Admin Menu->Ad Management and follow the instructions
- Go to the Widgets page and drag the Ad Zone widget to the widget areas where you would like ads to appear
- Log into Broadstreet's dashboard and start uploading ads
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Broadstreet Ads Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.